ID reader not working?
Follow these steps:
1. Restart Optios with the icon on the desktop or on the bottom bar. We also
recommend setting Google Chrome as your default browser for both Windows and
2. Remove the USB connection from the ID card reader and plug it back into the
computer, if necessary choose a different USB port. Try to see if the card reader is
working properly now, if not follow the steps below.
3. Install the following on your computer: https://eid.belgium.be/en
Click on the first link: Quick Install
4. Is the driver installed correctly? You can check this via:
Control panel > Devices and Printers > CCID reader > Right click and troubleshoot
5. Install the following on your computer: https://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
ATTENTION: the above link must be opened in INTERNET EXPLORER
(= MICROSOFT EDGE). If this fails, contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Try to see if the card reader is working properly now